This morning we have been sorting through our craft box to see what we can use up before we invite new craft supplies into our home. We came across some old crayons that haven’t been used in over a year. Some were broken, but mainly they were just unused.
So I decided, rather than throw them away – why not reuse them? I grabbed the crayons and a tub of glitter, then Ava helped me make some fab new crayons!
They are so easy to make!
YOU WILL NEED:
Cupcake tin (or if you’re really creative, you could use a silicon one with fancy shapes)
1. Preheat your oven to 130 degrees Celsius.
2. Peel all the paper off of your crayons.
3. Break your crayons into small pieces.
4. Put the pieces into the cupcake tin.
5. Sprinkle some glitter over the crayons.
6. Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
7. Leave them to cool in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, once cool they will pop out easily just by turning the tray upside down.
It’s amazing how wonderful they look! They also make beautiful colours when put onto paper. Ava really enjoyed drawing with them.
Let us know how you got on with them and I’m happy to add links below to your blog!