One of my daughter’s favourite things to play with is play dough! I used to buy tubs and tubs of the stuff.
Now, we make it together. I find she looks after our homemade stuff over the tubs that I have bought for her in the past. I personally love play dough! I find it keeps Ava calm, we also have some lovely alphabet and number cutters that I picked up from a local cake decorating shop so it can be very educational for preschoolers too. Try and make it yourself and let your imagination run wild! Here is my recipe for ‘twilight play dough’
TWILIGHT PLAY DOUGH
Homemade play dough infused with lavender. Perfect to help small children relax before bed or before an afternoon nap! Oh, and obviously lots of fun to play with too – even for grown ups!
You will need:
250g plain flour
50g table salt
2 tbsp. almond oil (or any other unscented oil)
5 drops of lavender oil
Purple food colouring
Sprinkle of lilac glitter
- Mix the flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Mix up the water, oils and food colouring into a jug and then add to bowl.
- Gather dough and knead until consistency of play dough, this can take up to 10 minutes. You can add more flour or water if you need to.
- Add the glitter, knead until evenly dispersed.
- Finally, go and have fun squeezing this irresistible play dough!
You can add different colours and essential oils depending on your preference. Yellow and lemon is a fab combination!